Wednesday, March 30, 2016

2016-03-29 to 3-30: Snow/Rain/Wind and Arches

3/29 (Tuesday) – Last night the wind started up around 8PM with gusts around 35mph – enough to make us pull in the slides on the RV.  Then the rain started sometime after midnight and went through the morning.  Up in the mountains around us there was a lot of snow.  We started to drive up through but the slush and ice forced us to turn around. 

You normally can see the LaSals over the top of this ridge but not today.





3/30 (Wednesday) – Vaughan and Brooks dirt biked to the Top of the World & Kokopelli.  I drove out through Arches to visit some of my favorites – The Windows, Double Arch, and Park Avenue.  It snowed a little but not enough to spoil my pictures.

North Window Arch


South Window Arch


Turret Arch


Double Arch (I asked a Swedish girl to take my picture).

This view is from me lying on my back looking up - I stayed there for a while.  It was so peaceful and beautiful.


Garden of Eden

Balanced Rock - snows coming in.

Park Avenue

No comments:

Post a Comment