Thursday, September 14, 2023

2023 - West - Kanab UT - Mansard Trail - September 13

 September 12 - No hiking for me for a while. Slipped last night getting into the pool at the RV park and twisted my bad knee. I may have torn the meniscus. Extreme pain. In a brace now.

September 13 - Vaughan, Jill & Jim hiked the Mansard Trail here in Kanab today. Vaughan & I did it last year. Quite challenging in areas but the reward is an amazing panel of petroglyphs.








The stripes coming down the side are beautiful - 



Here are a few of the petroglyphs. I would love to know what some of them represent.








Did I say it was a tough hike? 


Luckily they returned home before the big storm hit. Heavy rain and a bit of hail here at the RV but the town was flooded with tons of mud. We went back to Escobar's for dinner. They had construction equipment moving all the mud from the streets and parking lots. Incredible!



No comments:

Post a Comment