Monday, August 5, 2013

Westward 2013 – Part 2 (8/5 – Bear Creek Trail)

Vaughan has been dying to do the Bear Creek Trail Hike since we got here but once I got online to review the hike and discovered it is all cliffs (shelves), and changes 1000 feet in the first mile I told him I was not dying to die.  He however insisted on doing it at least 5 miles of it round trip to the Grizzly Bear Mine, so I dropped him off and waited downtown at the coffee shop (Mouse’s).  I am thrilled he went but more thrilled I didn't after seeing his videos.


Check out the following youtube video of him hiking.  Nearly all of the hike looked just like this.

This is pretty typical of the trail, fairly narrow with frequent exposure to significant drops.


Red Mountain off in the distance

More views of the cliff trail - not a lot of room for a misstep.





One of the falls along Bear Creek

This rock fall required a bit of scrambling.




Destination achieved, now for the 2.4 mile walk back to the jeep.


No comments:

Post a Comment