Wednesday, February 25, 2015

2015-02-25 Picacho Peak

Picacho Hike is the most difficult hike Vaughan has ever done.  I say Vaughan because I only went up part way.  Once I climbed up a few places with cables I said "ENOUGH".  Of course, Vaughan never learned how to say "enough". This was 4 miles round trip.  I took some pictures before handing off the camera to him.

He said "This made Angles Landing in Zion look like a stroll down Main Street".  This one actually had him worried and wondering why he felt the need to do it.

He found a youtube video that shows a few of the difficult spots.  The video starts at the "saddle" which is one mile up the trail.  At this point the trail rating goes from "moderate" to "difficult".  As with all gopro videos it is difficult to show just how steep some of these things really are.  






















1 comment:

  1. It was great meeting you both at Lazydays this week. Hope we meet up again for some Jeeping.
    What an awesome hike you did. Wish it were closer to Tucson...one I would definitely like to try!

    ReplyDelete