Thursday, March 22, 2012

Spring 2012: Thursday (3/22) – Hidden Valley & Gemini Bridges


Today was not a day for people afraid of heights like me.  We first climbed up a trail called Hidden Valley.  It was all up hill – in the pictures you can’t tell where the trail is but it changed 690 feet in elevation all in the first 45 minutes.  I had to stop about ¾ of the way up.  My knee would not allow me to go any further.  Vaughan went the distance and was rewarded with a spectacular view.  We had a very nice dinner at the Moab Brewery and then picked up our Jeep which we will live in the next 3 days.  We took it for a test drive on a trail called Gemini Bridges.  We did not get far before I cried Uncle.  The first mile of the trail was on the side of a cliff on a very rough road.

You won’t hear from us for the next 3 days.  We will be Jeeping the White Rim Trail and spending 2 nights camping out under the stars.  I'll post again on Monday.  Wish us luck.


This is midway up Hidden Valley Trail. 
Goes all the way to the top.

View was worth the climb.  
If you look close enough you can see our RV in the valley.

Yes, this was the scary climb up Gemini Bridges.
I'm glad we didn't meet anyone coming down.

Vaughan standing by our new home for 3 days.

Coming down Gemini - now I'm on the outside rim and in tears.

1 comment:

  1. Of course the jeep is red... It all looks wonderful.

    Oops, flowers filling pool, got to go...

    ReplyDelete