Wednesday, March 21, 2012

Spring 2012: Tuesday (3/20) - Potash Rd & Corona Arch


What a beautiful clear day today.  This afternoon we drove up Potash Road on the north bank of the Colorado River.  There were lots of crazy people climbing up the sheer cliffs - cool to watch but there isn’t enough money in the world to make me do that.  We hiked the Corona Arch Trail to see 2 amazing arches.  I stayed over on the safe side of the canyon and took pictures of Vaughan.  There was a ladder to climb and steep banks so I chickened out.  Towards evening we drove out along the Slickrock Trail where all the bicyclists and motorcyclists like to go.  I think Vaughan will take his Honda out there tomorrow.  We had dinner in town at La Hacienda with some home-made Sangria (very potent stuff).


Both arches from where I sat while Vaughan ventured over.

See if you can find Vaughan


He's in there somewhere

I'm easier to spot

View of La Sal Mountains from Slickrock Trail

Crazy Climbers - getting started at base of 500 foot cliff

No comments:

Post a Comment