Friday, March 20, 2015

2015-03-20 Zion National Park


Although we have been to Zion on four previous occasions we find ourselves drawn to it. 







This time I decided we should do Canyon Overlook Trail.  Next time I will check things out better before I commit myself.  Vaughan loved every minute of this – the climb up, the narrow trail along the side of the cliffs, and the breathtaking views.  I nearly made it to the top when we came upon one spot that was only a foot wide and a thousand foot drop if you slipped. For those who know me, yes, I stopped here and waited for Vaughan to finish.





This is the point where I sat and refused to move until he returned.



The view from the top really was amazing - but I'm OK looking at the pictures.

Below is where he climbed to - on top above the arch.  I took this after we climbed back down and drove back into the canyon.


 Back down in the valley ...


Checkerboard Mesa


Here is a nice family of Bighorn Sheep - Mom and 5 little lambs.  She's teaching them well.
To check out their climb to the top - http://youtu.be/IHYWsXDWlCE




 On the way home we stopped to visit some old friends at the Ostrich Ranch in Virgin.


No comments:

Post a Comment